Welcome to On The Stone River Retreat!
Overlooking the spectacular valley of Killongbutta and only half an hour’s drive from Bathurst and Orange, this private holiday retreat offers just the right balance to get away from it all. Experience and be inspired by nature, enjoy the walks and share precious time with your family and friends.
It's an ideal place for artists and writers to work.
- Pet friendly
- Stone fireplace & wood heater
- Gas & wood fuel stoves
- Outdoor kitchen with wood stove & BBQ
- Gas BBQ on deck
- Large deck with seating for 10
- Three queen sized beds and two doubles
- A children's room with a double decker and trundle bed
- One bathroom
- Free limited internet access. You can pay for extra data if required.
- Telstra mobile phone service on premises
- TV, Record & CD Players
- Upstairs library and mezzanine office
- DVD collection for children & adults
- CD & Record collection
- Bed linen & towels provided
- Fully equipped kitchen including tea, coffee, condiments & breakfast cereal
- Dishwasher & washing machine
- high chair
- Children’s trampoline and treehouse
- Exclusive access to 100 acres and river frontage
Our latest reviews:
Thanks so much for sharing your home with our family. We have had a wonderful time exploring, getting dirty, climbing to the top of the hill and back down to the river. I have three happy little boys and a river clean dog! The adults have been able to unwind before returning back to Sydney. Bathurst and Orange have been checked out and we have see so much wildlife, we didn't need to go to the zoo! Conclusion is you have found a very special corner of the world.
Letter to property owner left by guests, 29/04/2018.
Cassie R., Sydney
5 of 5
What an amazing view! Thank you for a lovely weekend: walking, swimming in the river, fishing, eating and sleeping. Loved all the wildlife especially the shingle back lizards!
Review Submitted: 30/01/2018
Date of Stay: December 2017
LIAM P., Sydney
Stunning Property and beautiful surroundings!
5 of 5
Fabulous location with a wonderful Aboriginal history - Marje could tell you all about it! The views are stunning, and the surrounding bushland does not disappoint in giving that feeling of peace and connection to nature. The house itself is well equipped to allow you to stay in comfort, and the spot is beautifully placed for all manners of bushwalking, so bring your hiking boots!! Close enough to Bathurst and Orange to supply your stay!
Review Submitted: 10/01/2018
Date of Stay: November 2017
JULIE S., Sydney, New South Wales, Australia